Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Trip to A-Town


So right off base about 5 miles is a place called A-Town or America Town. This place has no other purpose except to give us American's a place to hang out not too far from base. I went to go get my squadron jersey. I'll have pictures of that next week when I go pick it up. One thing nice is that any patches I want, the guy will make for me for next to nothing. It's a pretty cool deal. Decided to walk around for a bit too while I was there. Found a store there where you can buy a king size blankets for $30 and they are nice. Really nice and soft and comfy. I know because I have one, but mine cost $35 on base. So walked a little more down the streets. The streets are full of bars and restaurants. Anytime you walk by one of the bars some girls in way too short of skirts comes out and tries to get you to come into their establishment. These girls are called Juicies. They are almost like a prostitute, except there is no sex. They are there just to talk to you, but you have to pay them for their company. Needless to say everyone time I walked by one and she would try to get me and the guy I was with to come in, I was like NOPE. They look so upset. I decided to stop at a place called Popeye's for dinner. Not a Popeye's like chicken, but like Korean food. I ordered the beef bulgogi. It was pretty good. Kristi would be in heaven with this food here. They do know what spicy food is. I didn't realize she was asking me how much spice I wanted to mine, so I got mine a little hotter than I would have liked. Oh well it still tastes good.



Alright, well I will post some more another time when I go out again. Just been working and doing homework here lately. Everyone take care.

1 comment:

  1. the juices sound creepy. must be nice to have a little piece of America

    ReplyDelete