Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Greetings From Korea

I am in Kunsan after a 12 hour flight and 4 hour bus ride. I've been awake for 31 hours and am exhasted. Our plane flew over Alaska and Russia. I got to see Glaciers out my window. I wanted to take pictures, but my camera was up above in the storage compartment and I didn't know if the lady next to me spoke English as she was Korean. I later came to find out she spoke very good English.
From the airport I caught a bus to Osan Air Base and then caught the last bus of the night to Kunsan. I'm staying in a hotel right now on base since they do not have a lot of dorms here. It could be a couple weeks before I get one. I called Kristi to let her know I was here. I am exhausted, so I'm going to go to sleep. I have to go report to work once I wake up.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safe-now go get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the trip over with!! Get some rest!! We all miss ya already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! You are in our thoughts and prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Son,
    I talked to Kristi tonight and she said you got some needed sleep. Good going. Enjoy your adventures, and call Kristi and the girls often and the time will go by fast. Let me know when you get internet up and going. Love ya. *** Dad Holwege ***

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you made it and all is going...

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, I enjoy reading your blog. I have started a new one myself. Keep up the messages. I will write more later. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete