Saturday, September 5, 2009

Billy Bob Bass was Hitting Good Tonight

So it was a good evening tonight. Hit the reservoir with the little bridge again tonight. Started off using a fly Turkey had tied for me. It was a chartreuse and pink clouser minnow and worked great. First cast fish on. It was one of my largest and fought really good. Fishing then slowed down quite a bit for me, but Turkey was able to keep catching a few small ones down the bank from me along the rock wall. I ended up moving down the embankment to a shotty dock along the water. While there I hooked into another good size one which made an instant run for the Lily's. After losing quite a few in the Lily's yesterday I quickly got my rod in a position to not allow him to snag the hook into the Lily's. I eventually got him to the waters edge where Turkey was and had him lip him for me. At this point I was using a home brewed fly that I tied. A short bit later caught another one, not nearly as big, but still a good little fighter. Pretty good night for us tonight. Tonight's total was 1 dink and 3 decent sized. All large mouth bass. Will post pictures when I get them from Turkey.

First fish of the day on the first cast.


A decent fish caught from a dock I thought was going to collapse under my feet when I was pulling him in.

2 comments: